Admission Essay on Demographics of Japan

Published: 2021-06-22 00:25:33
essay essay

Category: City, World

Type of paper: Essay

This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.

Hey! We can write a custom essay for you.

All possible types of assignments. Written by academics

The demographic characteristics of the Japan’s population include ethnicity, population density, population health, education level, religious affiliations, economic status, and other aspects of the population (Lie 22).
As of March 2009, the population of Japan was 127,076,184, making it the world's tenth most highly populated country. Japans population density was 336 individuals per square kilometer (Hughes 45).

Japan’s demography shows the country to be highly population and concerning the density of inhabitants Japan stands to be 30th country in the globe. There is very high life expectancy and low birth rate. Japan’s demography also shows that during high growth of population occurred in19 th and 20 th centuries which has been lowered now due to very low birth rate and roughly no immigration.
Demographically the most crowded regions and cities in Japan are Kyushu, Honshu, Yokohama, Kyoto, Osaka, Kawasaki, Kobe, and many more. Tokyo, the capital city of Japan is the largest municipal city in Japan with highest number of population. Japan has a high number of urban populations. Japan also has the highest population of elderly people across the globe.
Japanese society is linguistically and ethnically very pure with 98% of the population speaking Japanese. The other 2% consists of immigrants and new Japanese population of mainly Chinese Koreans, and Loochoos, as well as the tiny native smaller group of the Ainu on Hokkaido. The Japan’s government, as an official strategy, does not recognize full citizenship of many immigrants who have lived in Japan for many generations and decades (kinyau 89)
Works Cited
Lie, John. Demographics of Japan. London: W.W. Havard university press, 2001.
Hughes, Japan’s population. 7th ed. New York: Addison Wesley, 2006.
Kinyau, James. Japan demographics. Kenya: U.G. Lomgman Publishers, 2008.

Warning! This essay is not original. Get 100% unique essay within 45 seconds!


We can write your paper just for 11.99$

i want to copy...

This essay has been submitted by a student and contain not unique content

People also read